Balloon Sinuplasty for Chronic Sinusitis Relief
If you have been diagnosed with chronic sinusitis and are not responding well to medication, or if you have recurrent acute sinusitis, you may be a candidate for this minimally invasive procedure.
We now offer this breakthrough office based procedure to patients in the comfort and convenience of our office for the treatment of chronic sinusitis and recurrent acute sinusitis. This procedure removed the challenges of general anesthesia.
Balloon Sinuplasty™ is a breakthrough procedure that relieves the pain and pressure associated with chronic sinusitis.
- Safe and effective
- Minimally invasive
- Fast recovery time
How do patients feel after Balloon Sinuplasty?
In a study tracking patients 2 years following their Balloon Sinuplasty Sinus Surgery in the OR, most chronic sinusitis patients report clinically meaningful improvement in sinus symptoms and quality of life.
How long does recovery take after Balloon Sinuplasty?
While recovery time varies with each patient, recovery is typically fast. In a study of in-office balloon dilation, most patients returned to work and normal activity within 2 days.
How its done
Your provider will insert a catheter through the opening of the nose into the sinus opening and then thread a sinus guide wire into the targeted sinus, providing light transmission and illumination that will help your provider ensure correct placement of the guide catheter. Once access to the intended location is confirmed, a balloon catheter is introduced into the sinus cavity and inflated to open the narrow or blocked passage. Simple. No tissue removal. No bleeding. No pain.
A balloon catheter is inserted into the inflamed sinus.
The balloon is inflated to expand the sinus opening.
Saline is sprayed into the inflamed sinus to flush out the pus and mucus.
The system is removed, leaving the sinuses open.
Benefits of Balloon Sinuplasty In-Office
- Local Anesthesia
- Balloon Sinuplasty In-Office is an option for patients who decline or are ineligible for general anesthesia.
- Fast Recovery
- While recovery time varies with each patient, most patients who undergo the in-office procedure can return to normal activities and work within 2 days.
- Comfortable Surroundings
- Experience the procedure in the comfort of your physician’s office rather than a hospital operating room.
- High Patient Satisfaction
- The majority of patients who had Balloon Sinuplasty In-Office would recommend the procedure to family and friends.
- Potential for Significant Cost Savings
- Some eligible patients may have lower out-of-pocket costs if the procedure is performed in a lower cost of care setting, such as a physician’s office.